“My placement year at Mazars has been both challenging but beneficial. I have had the opportunity to work with various teams and departments from numerous sites. The variety of work has been a key aspect for me…” - Read full review
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff serving clients from 19 offices.
Mazars is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. We are proud of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
Financial Services Consulting Placement
As a Financial Services Consulting Intern you will be supporting the Financial Services Consulting Team in delivering consultancy advice to the Finance Industry.
You will support the FS Consulting Team with determining appropriate methods of data collection and research methodology. You will also help interpret the information gained and formulate and implement recommendations and solutions that are tailored to the client’s needs.
Your typical daily duties will include:
- Research, collect, prepare and present information/statistics as required;
- Consider the impact of legislation upon specific requirements;
- Collect and synthesise information from fieldwork and draft client-specific conclusions/recommendations;
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients throughout the fieldwork and social activities;
- Prepare presentations/ marketing collaterals;
- Support with the management of tender proposals for new work;
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars;
- Attend all training courses as required.
You will also assist with the running of workshops, external seminars, conferences and with the publication of internal and external articles on topics of interest for financial services.
*Start date: September 2018
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Produces accurate and timely work;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
- Desired: Achieved, or on track to achieve, a masters degree in a business related discipline
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your 3 best A Levels and excluding General Studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
We operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
After you’ve joined the firm there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
More Jobs From Mazars LLP
Deadline 28th Jan 2018
Deadline 28th Jan 2018
Deadline 28th Jan 2018