“Samworth Brothers really encourage you to apply to the grad scheme and they usually employ you full time after you've finished the grad scheme.…” - Read full review
About Samworth Brothers
Samworth Brothers is a 21st century food business creating quality food that is enjoyed by millions of people across the UK every day. They are also a heritage business, a Fourth generation family owned business with roots stretching back to the 19th Century. Today they employ over 10,000 people across 19 businesses, operating from well invested and modern food manufacturing sites across the UK.
Technical Industrial Placement
Comprising of two six-month placements in two different Samworth Brothers’ businesses, our placement scheme provides students with a year’s industry experience within a range of positions.
If you’re keen to find out more about how Samworth Brothers maintain the highest standards for their customers and continue to take an innovative approach, then this Technical placement is the one for you! Possible roles/departments you could be working in include:
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- QA Team Leader
- Process Development Technologist
- Technical Assistant
- Technical Administrator
After your first six-month first placement, you will be welcomed into another department to widen your industry experience and allow you to gain insight into another area of the business.
We place great importance on providing hands-on experience and a range of interesting project work alongside your placement. We also offer a strong support structure to help forward you in your career.
We aim to give successful candidates an enriching industrial placement that enables them to:
- Develop key leadership skills
- Gain practical experience of working in the food industry
- Gain insight into the different functions and roles within the food industry
- Become an ambassador for Samworth Brothers
Who are we looking for?
Our sites are often in rural areas of the UK and, therefore, it is important that you have a full UK Driving Licence (or access to equivalent, alternative transport), in order to get to work and travel between sites.
A successful Samworth Brothers placement student will:
- Have effective communication skills
- Be able to work with people at all levels
- Have good numerical and verbal reasoning
- Have high physical and mental energy levels
- Be a self-motivated individual who will use their initiative and drive to make a difference
- Show good attention to detail and commitment to achieving a quality outcome
- Demonstrate a desire to take responsibility for their career progress and development
- Be able to challenge and question
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be confident in their abilities, but also keen to learn and develop
Our Scheme is open to all disciplines, but we particularly welcome applicants from Business, Food Science, Agriculture and Engineering backgrounds.
You will be contacted by our recruitment partner Discovery Graduates to discuss your application and arrange a telephone interview.
Discovery Graduates are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.
How to apply:
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
More Jobs From Samworth Brothers
Deadline 5th Jan 2018
Deadline 5th Jan 2018