“I absolutely loved my placement year at SAP! The company is in a really exciting & innovative industry which makes working for them really interesting – I was able to get involved in a really good mix of tasks from digital campaigns, social media management, events & more!…” - Read full review
SAP is a world leader in business enterprise software; nearly 100,000 companies in every industry across the globe are using SAP software right now to improve their business processes. By helping to manage their flow of information, SAP empowers people and organisations to work together more efficiently and use their business insight to become best run businesses.
Based in Greater London, our placement scheme offers you the opportunity to gain invaluable, career boosting industry experience in an exciting and diverse environment. Through our intern programme you will be given the chance to maximise your skill set as much as possible and work alongside some of the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the technology industry, as well as adapting and gaining a vast amount of business responsibility and exposure.
With 30% of your time available for other cross-departmental projects, you will gain invaluable exposure in other business areas.
To maximise your learning further you will be assigned a 1-2-1 buddy who will support you & ensure that you get the very best out of your internship at SAP.
Sales Support Associate
SAP is looking for students who have a keen interest in sales or business and want to work in a fast paced and exciting environment. This role will specifically support the senior Sales Directors.
Day-to-day tasks could include:
- Complete in depth research on current/potential customers to help SAP grow their business and support the account executives in customer meetings.
- Prepare useful content including analysis and presentations for the sales directors.
- Help with the arrangement of external customer meetings and calls, with the opportunity to attend these customer meetings and gain true insight to the full sales process
- Customer Proposals – Full Involvement in gathering the data required for the proposal and assisting to write it, which is critical to help SAP win new sales business
- Putting together internal presentations/documents - sales forecast data or customer meeting actions for use in meetings or for analysis
- Support Sales Directors with preparation for regular business reviews with their teams and the wider UK and Ireland Executive team
- Identify the opportunities to support each account to the best strategic effect, i.e. what provides most value to the customer and releases more time for selling activities
- Work with the sales executives and marketing specialists to own a ‘targeted account based marketing program’ for some of the largest customers
- Work across the SAP organisation to quickly and effectively resolve customer queries and issues
- 25 days holiday & an additional day off for your birthday
- Laptop and other SAP equipment
- Free lunch and a subsidised coffee shop
- Buddy Mentoring scheme
- ‘Appreciation’ reward scheme
- Travel opportunities within the UK and Europe
- Sporting opportunities e.g. football and netball clubs
- Volunteering and charity opportunities
Bright, articulate and motivated students who are currently on course for a 2:1 degree with the following key competencies:
- Business, accounting ,IT experience / working knowledge would be an advantage but not essential
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Especially Excel)
- Time Management
- Team player
- High energy level
- Effective communicator / good interpersonal skills
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask questions
- Focused and organised
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budget
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
All applicants must provide a CV and cover letter.