“I absolutely loved my placement year at SAP! The company is in a really exciting & innovative industry which makes working for them really interesting – I was able to get involved in a really good mix of tasks from digital campaigns, social media management, events & more!…” - Read full review
SAP is a world leader in business enterprise software; nearly 100,000 companies in every industry across the globe are using SAP software right now to improve their business processes. By helping to manage their flow of information, SAP empowers people and organisations to work together more efficiently and use their business insight to become best run businesses.
Based in Greater London, our placement scheme offers you the opportunity to gain invaluable, career boosting industry experience in an exciting and diverse environment. Through our intern programme you will be given the chance to maximise your skill set as much as possible and work alongside some of the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the technology industry, as well as adapting and gaining a vast amount of business responsibility and exposure.
With 30% of your time available for other cross-departmental projects, you will gain invaluable exposure in other business areas.
To maximise your learning further you will be assigned a 1-2-1 buddy who will support you & ensure that you get the very best out of your internship at SAP.
At SAP, you will work within the UKI Controlling team that is part of the regional EMEA and Global Finance & Administration organisation.
You will have exposure to all areas within the team providing controlling support to the UKI market unit, by working closely with the Services and Sales Controllers and related departments in a matrix environment.
Your day-to-day tasks will include
- Supporting revenue reporting for month and quarter-end close and the Latest Estimate and Forecast process
- Significant interaction with shared services colleagues and other departments to resolve queries and support the team by providing ad hoc-reporting analysis where required
- In addition, there will be substantial opportunity for the successful candidate to support the team’s transition of tasks to shared services and develop its ability further to increase the level of business support and business partnering that it provides to the market unit.
From this you will gain
- The chance to develop your skills and learnings from the first two years of your degree
- Opportunity to increase your business awareness – departments, organisational structure, strategy and products and stakeholder management
- Increased responsibility – own and lead projects
- Enhanced organisational and change management skills through supporting the transformation journey of the team
- Opportunity to openly express ideas and contribute to the organisation, seeing real results from your contribution
- 25 days holiday & an additional day off for your birthday
- Laptop and other SAP equipment
- Free lunch and a subsidised coffee shop
- Buddy Mentoring scheme
- ‘Appreciation’ reward scheme
- Travel opportunities within the UK and Europe
- Sporting opportunities e.g. football and netball clubs
- Volunteering and charity opportunities
Bright, articulate and motivated students who are currently on course for a 2:1 degree with the following key competencies:
- Business, accounting ,IT experience / working knowledge would be an advantage but not essential
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Especially Excel)
- Time Management
- Team player
- High energy level
- Effective communicator / good interpersonal skills
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask questions
- Focused and organised
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budget
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.