About Volvo Group UK
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. Our brand portfolio consists of Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD, Terex Trucks, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova bus and Mack. We partner in alliances and joint ventures with the Sunwin, SDLG, Eicher and Dongfeng brands.
Apprentice Reforms Officer
Brief description of department
The Competence Development department sits within the Retail Development function of Volvo Group and the departments’ primary objective is to define and develop the competence of Volvo Group employees.
The department helps to contribute to the business in various ways such as through the identification of core competencies within the business, provision of tools to support the business and provision of solutions to develop the business.
About the role
We have 2 exciting opportunities within our department to help implement one of the biggest changes to apprenticeships that the UK has ever undertaken. The successful candidates will be able to contribute to the team to help implement a major change project. The role reports directly to the Competence Development Apprentice Delivery Manager, where there is the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of this major business change.
The successful candidates will be working on various projects within the apprenticeship reform area and they will get the opportunity to work between the frontline business, Volvo Group Competence Development team and our provider Stephenson College.
The successful candidates will provide a unique perspective on the implications of the reforms and help determine how we manage them within our business.
- To carry out a comprehensive review & assessment of the potential impact of the reforms within a given business group.
- To formulate a response that matches business needs working with the CD team and the governance bodies.
- Manage key stakeholders as part of the implementation project
- Monitor and report on progress of the implementation highlighting key challenges and possible solutions.
In addition to the core project, these roles will also support the wider remit of the Competence Development Team, with a range of tasks to support team deliverables & providing a broader marketing & communications experience for the successful applicant.
- General assistance to others within the Competence development team.
- Any other duties as assigned
Current degree requirements
- Studying for a Human Resources or Learning & Development degree or related business degree.
- 2 years completed – placement between 2nd & 3rd study years.
- Academic grades on track for a first or high 2:1 on their chosen studies
Competencies, skills and knowledge required
- Knowledge of current changes to the Apprenticeship area would be useful but not essential.
- Interest in managing business change essential.
- Previous experience of working within a project desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work with uncertainty and emerging areas.
- Ability to communicate with a wide group of stakeholders at different levels.
- Able to work with Microsoft packages (training can be offered).
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
More Jobs From Volvo Group UK
Volvo Group UK
Deadline 31st Oct 2017