“I was encouraged to ask questions if I was unsure of anything and when I didn't understand something was given support to ensure I could finish my task…” - Read full review
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Financial Advisory – Forensic Technology Placement
An internship at Deloitte is a fantastic way to get up close to the world of business, find out what excites and inspires you, and where it could take you.
As an IP, you’ll immerse yourself in your client’s business and establish meaningful relationships from day one. Using state of the art forensic technology, you’ll work alongside specialists drawn from a wide range of professional and technical backgrounds, to play a vital role in analysing a wide variety of commercially sensitive investigations, disputes and litigations. This means, you’ll not only get vital business experience, but a head start if you choose to join our Graduate Programme later. You could even go back to university with a job offer guaranteed.
The Forensic Technology career path sits in the Financial Advisory area of the business.
Using state of the art forensic technology, you’ll work alongside specialists drawn from a wide range of professional and technical backgrounds, to play a vital role in analysing a wide variety of commercially sensitive investigations, disputes and litigation. We promise no two days will be the same. As a bright, talented graduate you can expect to work on challenging, client-facing projects from the outset. We offer two career paths:
- Forensic Technology- Join our two year training program in London or St Albans and develop your analytical skills in Forensic Analytics and Electronic Disclosure. With the ever increasing volumes of data being generated by our clients, we are continually faced with new challenges in the identification, capture and analysis of data from financial systems, databases, email & voice communications, social media and cyber crime. As your career develops, you will have the opportunity to specialise in those areas of particular interest.
- Forensic Analytics: Use specialist software to extract, transform and process data; Work with multiple data formats, industry standard software and bespoke data repositories to process high volume data records; Use analytical and visualisation techniques to interrogate and assess data in support of investigations; Analyse data in relation to Financial Crime; Develop tools to assist our clients to meet their regulatory requirements.
- Electronic Discovery: Work with lawyers and investigators to identify data sources relevant to the investigation; Visit client offices to forensically collect data from servers, laptops or mobile device, working covertly if needed; Apply sophisticated analytical techniques to assist legal teams in identifying and reviewing documents to support or refute allegations; Produce bundles of documents to support witness interviews, hand over to a regulator for inspection or disclose to the other side in a litigation.
- Development – Join our cutting edge development team in St Albans and put your coding skills to good use, utilising advanced technology and the latest development methodology to help solve some of our client’s most challenging issues. Addressing Big Data issues or exploiting Cloud Computing technologies in the areas of Forensic Investigations, Disputes and Financial Crime, the team put innovation right at the centre of everything they do, enabling you to be creative and continually challenged.
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses relevant data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface insights and solutions
- Delivery Excellence: manages own work against defined quality standards to ensure a superior client experience
- Manages Quality & Risk: complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
More Jobs From Deloitte
Deadline 31st Oct 2017