“I thoroughly enjoyed my placement at ProspectSoft, the whole experience beat all expectations! I am extremely grateful for all that the ProspectSoft placement scheme has provided me and I would recommend the scheme to anyone and everyone…” - Read full review
Founded in 2000, ProspectSoft is a UK business operating in the business-to-business sector, delivering software to thousands of users across the UK, Republic of Ireland and worldwide. ProspectSoft identified a need for CRM and eCommerce solutions that integrated with accounting systems to help bring business information together. Our software eliminates the need to re-key data, improves lead follow-up and order taking, resulting in improvements in customer intelligence and overall efficiency.
Successful applicants can expect to gain a great deal of experience working on systems analysis, software development, databases, writing SQL statements and procedures to populate and manipulate data within them. You will be working closely with our Head of Development, playing a key role in ensuring the success of the latest releases of Prospect 365 Web Solutions. Other placement activities often include full development projects, setting up testing and demonstration environments, and assisting with the specification and design of bespoke software developments for customers. On commencing your placement, you will receive nearly six weeks of training in all aspects of our product stack and our development methodologies. During your placement, you will also have access to a full MSDN subscription with a monthly personal allowance of Microsoft Azure credit to play around for your own pet projects.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Software Development – Using Vue.js and TypeScript to create components which will be used in our Core Applications.
- Configuring of continuous integration – Taking a set of code you have created and configuring VSTS (Visual Services Team Services) to automatically build and test on committing your work.
- Scrum Team – Being an active part of one of the Scrum teams within the Development department. This will involve refinement meetings where, along with the rest of your team members, you will discuss outline estimates for both core and customer developments.
- QA Testing – Completing both unit testing and user testing for projects worked on by other team members of development. This involves locating potential issues and working with the team to plan and implement a resolution.
What you’ll need:
- A strong passion for software development
- A desire to learn new technologies, improve existing skills and understand the business impact on the software development lifecycle
- Have knowledge of the following technologies for client side development:
- Have knowledge of the following technologies for backend/API development:
- .Net Framework Libraries
- C# or VB.Net
- SQL using databases such as SQL Server, SAP SQL Anywhere, Oracle or MySQL
- Any experience with the following technologies would be great but not required:
- Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code
- HTTPS protocols and IIS
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
More Jobs From ProspectSoft Ltd
Deadline 26th Jan 2018