“The responsibility that I was given was a breath of fresh air, it really was. I was quite excited to have the opportunity to make a real impact on the company and show everyone what I could do and pick up some valuable skills along the way too…” - Read full review
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. In 67 countries and territories serving around 38 million customers, our ambition is to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper.
Our network covers both established and emerging markets across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America. Within these markets, we serve our customers through our global businesses: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking, and Retails Banking and Wealth Management.
Retail Banking & Wealth Management Internship
HSBC AND YOU
We are looking for forward-thinking, driven and perceptive graduates to join our Summer Internships and ultimately our global Graduate Programme.
During this eight-week rotational Summer Internship you’ll get first-hand experience of working across different departments within Retail Banking and Wealth Management. You’ll gain an understanding of the range and complexity of our business and see how your skills fit.
Supported throughout by a line manager and buddy, you’ll also have the opportunity to build your network and be part of a charity project, and on completion you could secure a place on our RBWM Graduate Programme.
The role of the Penultimate Year Summer Internship is to provide students in their penultimate year of study with the chance to gain an invaluable insight into banking with a leading global bank with hands-on experience and on-the-job training.
During your eight-week internship we will provide you with practical training to complement your academic studies and you will be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills. You will be paid during your internship, but you may find the greatest benefit is the stepping-stone it can provide to a rewarding full-time career at HSBC.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Gaining an understanding of the Retail Banking network and developing an awareness of products, services and processes through customer facing engagement
- Ensuring the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation
- Actively contributing towards activities that have a positive impact on Retail Banking and Wealth Managements financial performance
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be on course to achieve a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent, and 300 UCAS points or equivalent (excluding General Studies)
- Consistently achieve objectives set for you and take action to improve your own performance
- Have self-awareness with the confidence to work independently and take responsibility for your own development
- Demonstrate working collaboratively with others colleagues, supporting them when possible
- Have experience of personally complying with business processes, rules and regulations
- Have experience of building effective customer relationships which create customer advocacy
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will be proactive, forward-thinking, ready to challenge the status quo, with strong drive and determination, keen to learn and develop at all times, have a natural ability to build relationships with colleagues and a willingness to deliver on difficult assignments, possess an aptitude for understanding the underlying strategy which underpins the bank direction, be skilled at project management and have a keen interest in business development.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE IN YOUR PENULTIMATE YEAR OF UNIVERSITY. EXPECTED GRADUATION YEAR SHOULD BE 2019.
Please be advised that you should apply for one HSBC Internship Programme. Candidates with multiple applications will be progressed on one application.
Please make sure that you will have the right to work in the UK at least until the end of the programme.
The location for this role is UK wide and therefore each rotation may be in a different location across the UK.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
More Jobs From HSBC
Deadline 10th Dec 2017
Deadline 10th Dec 2017
Deadline 10th Dec 2017