“Go Abroad China organises many free social activities, ranging from dinners and outings, to Chinese cultural events and art exhibitions for GAC students, such as business networking events, guided tour to Summer Palace and forbidden city or kong fu class and taiji classes…” - Read full review
About Go Abroad China
For over 13 years, Go Abroad China has been the leading provider of paid internships in China. We are partnered with more than 600 established internship companies and in China and over 2000 internship opportunities to choose from. GAC has successfully created life-changing experiences through our Chinese internship and language programs arranged each year and have provided job opportunities in China for young professionals worldwide. Our dynamic and guaranteed programs have attracted over 4000 talented undergraduates, graduates and young professionals from over 80 countries globally, who have all gained professional and interpersonal skills, keeping them ahead in the job market.
*Please note: Chinese language experience is not necessary but useful, being fluent in English is the only language requirement needed; you will be placed with an English-speaking supervisor when you arrive in China.
About your host company
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc., is a global leading lodging company with more than 4,200 properties in 79 countries and territories. Marriott International reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by Marriott family leadership for nearly 90 years, the company is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA.
Located in the Changfeng Ecological Commercial District in west Shanghai, the JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park is adjacent to the Shanghai Convention & Exhibition Center of International Sourcing and the internationally renowned National Exhibition and Convention Center (NECC). It offers 501 guestrooms, six world-class restaurants and more than 1,500 square meters of multi-function event space featuring the state-of-the-art technologies and facilities. The hotel is poised to become the benchmark of luxury service as well as convention center in the fast growing west Shanghai area.
Hospitality and Tourism Internship
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Greet and serve the guest by JW Marriott standards and in a gracious and professional manner. Display aggressive hospitality through positive personality with both guest and fellow associates. Take pride in all facets of service with a clean professional appearance and keep a sparkling clean Executive Floor at all times.
- Report to work on scheduled days at the scheduled time.
- Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work area.
- Check out with your supervisor before leaving your station or the floor for any reason.
- Comply with the “clean as you go” policy.
SPECIFIC DUTIES :
- Enrol guests in Marriott Rewards programme.
- Provide information about the hotel and the surrounding community.
- Keeping Executive Lounge and Library in tip top condition and maintain cleanliness round the clock.
- Update guest profile in system when necessary especially when guests ’ personal preferences mentioned over conversation.
- Check the newspapers and magazines are updated. Read log book, follow up file and ensure everything in order.
- Ensure all follow-ups are promptly and accurate:
- Providing Business Centre Services
- Concierge Services
- Rooms request/amenities arrangements
- Future reservations or other related matters
- Ensure that all guests receive their faxes, messages and parcels upon arrival if it is handed over by Concierge agent.
- Monitoring and confirming time of departure with all due out guests and prepare for guest checking out at the Executive Lounge.
- Performing cashiering duties, e.g. post in charges, foreign currency exchange, checkout by cash or credit cards and selling of gift vouchers
- Preparation for breakfast and cocktails daily and ensure food quality and service is maintained at the best for total guest satisfaction.
- Check your station, prior to opening, for cleanliness of tables and chairs, proper set-up of salt and pepper, sugar, flowers, lamp, clean cutlery and glassware.
- Develop a complete knowledge of menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be ready to answer any guest questions about the menu in a positive and concise way. Know the use records.
- Develop a good knowledge of beverages, liquors, and wine service.
- Pick up and present food and beverages according to standard service procedures. Properly bus the table throughout the meal. Dirty dishes and silverware should be cleared, except sugar and appropriate silverware and beverage glasses that are not empty, keeping proper posture and being personable, but limiting conversation.
- Warmly greet every guest with smile, address guest by name and take down the record for reference.
- Clean and reset the table according to standard procedures.
- Do food and beverage inventory daily and update the filing document at the same time.
- Study and follow the Associate’s Training Manual.
☀ The job description will be adjusted based on personal abilities and current business.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Clear mindset, good working habits, systematic thinking logic;
- Good team player to work with people with various backgrounds;
- Energetic, hard working, team player, ability to handle a high stress environment;
35-40 hours per week
As an intern, the hotel will provide 3000 RMB per month, free accommodation and working meals, which will be adjusted according to interns’ performance.
Please note: Our program fees, depending on the duration and the program type (1 month - 12 months), start from US$1,580.
Please complete these preliminary questions to begin your application.
More Jobs From Go Abroad China
Go Abroad China
Deadline 25th Jan 2018