Assistant Brand Manager [Waitrose]

• Placement Year (10 Months+)
Location
Bracknell , Greater London
Administration/Secretarial, Business Intelligence/Market Research, Consumer Products/FMCG, Customer Service, Food and Drink, Information Technology, Internet/e-Commerce/New Media, Marketing, Public Relations, Purchasing and Supply, Retail/Merchandising,
Course

• The Organisation Overall

5.4
  • Social Overall

4.2

This course is excellent for those who are interested in the retail industry. If you have a passion for food you will REALLY enjoy it!

The business is a partnership - you feel welcomed straight away. Everyone is friendly, likes to have a chat and you feel that you are part of the organisation.

I was given some support, but I did most of it myself, encouraged me to be proactive and intedpendant.

It changes, both up and down. It is an office job, but if you're proactive you will have loads to do.

Once I had gained a few months of experience, I was extreemly competent at what I was doing - people relied on me to provide support.

This course has helped me to develop skills which will help me throughout my career - it also gave me career direction.

It's a busy office - but not too over the top. IT depends on the people and their personalities.

There was a personnel changover when I started in 2010, this resulted in a lack of information given to me before placement, also I had no idea what my job would consist of. This year's intake has been significantly improved due to the recruitment of a placement co-ordinator.

I went on an influencing course, but nothing else that specific.

I'm a step ahead in the recruitment process for Branch Management and Head Office.

Yes, my fellow placement students and I enjoyed social events together, football, "social evenings". There were several partyies, team days and after work activities to socialise in.

Quite expensive - just outside of London, good motorway access.

Rubbish in Bracknell, but close to Reading, Wokingham and Windsor.

Social, sporting, networking, loads!