Internship Details

Job Title: Benefits Practice Summer Intern

Overall Rated 8.3

10 1

View breakdown

I carried out similar work that a new graduate would do. The work varied from day to day. I completed data checks and data entry. I also did a number of calculations and used Excel frequently. We had a non-technical intern project and a individual presentation. There were a number of training sessions.

Rated 10/10

I really enjoyed my internship. We had a number of training sessions which taught me a lot and set me up well to complete the tasks I would be given to do. The team I worked for were friendly and happy to help whenever I had a question. They also gave me interesting tasks to do. This gave me a fantastic feel for the actuarial profession. There were 8 interns at my office and it was great to meet some new people, a number of socials took place while I was there. It was great to get to know your colleagues outside the office.

Rated 9/10

I felt valued by my colleagues. They really took time to explain the tasks I have been set and explain why that particular task needed to be done. Even if the task was small, I was always given the bigger picture about why it needed to be done. My colleague made sure that the task I was given were varied and interesting.

Rated 9/10

Whenever I needed guidance, my colleague were always happy to help. I felt supported while working there. My line manager and the recent graduates were very helpful.

Rated 7/10

This varied from a day-to-day basis. Sometimes there would be little work to do, however there were booklets I could read that would keep me busy. Other days, I would been given too much work to do. Workload at a consultancy will always be varied.

Rated 7/10

I was responsible for small tasks. With actuarial work, it is very technical and client specific, so it is very limited on the responsibility that I could be given. I was satisfied with the tasks I was set.

Rated 7/10

The work I was doing was quite different to my degree. I did develop my time-management skills and my communication skills, which will help me in future.

Rated 9/10

The office is open plan and everyone is really friendly. There was always a fun atmosphere in the office. There are cookies and cakes in the tea room everyday and ice creams on Friday. We would do tea-rounds all the time and great to know the people who sat around you. Everyone knew each other well, the atmosphere was light-hearted.

Rated 9/10

I felt that the internship was organised well. Especially the training sessions.

Rated 10/10

We had a number of training sessions. I felt that the company really cared about their employees development.

Rated 8/10

Rated 10/10

The social scene was really good. We went to the Pub every Friday. There were a number of socials as well, such a Pub Quiz, Mini Golf, Beach Volleyball and a Rounder Tournement to name a few!

Rated 7/10

Reigate is a small town. There are a number of pubs and restaurants. It is also about a 40 minute train journey to London. I lived at home for my internship, so living costs were cheap. Towers Watson reimbursement travel and accommodation costs.

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆

Rated 6/10

We normally went to the Pub after work.

Rated 7/10

There were a number of socials that took place and it was fantastic to get involved with those. The interns also organised one as well!

Final Average Overall Review Ratings

Calculated by combining the answers in each section. Back to Top

• The Role Overall

• The Organisation Overall

• Everything Else Overall

The final verdict…

On average, this intern student rated Towers Watson with a 8.3 star rating average.

★★★★★★★★☆☆

Got a question about this Internship review? Ask the reviewer…

Sign up or sign in to ask a question

Employer’s Response To This Review

Sign up or sign in to publish a response

More Placements & Internship Reviews

These recent reviews are for similar roles and organisations over a similar period of time.

Recent Reviews
Savills is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Summer Scheme Internship at Savills
Savills
  • Salary: £12,000 - £13,999
  • Location: South West
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Jaguar Land Rover is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Manufacturing Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover
  • Location: North West
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Jaguar Land Rover is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Project Assistant at Jaguar Land Rover
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Jaguar Land Rover is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Undergraduate Trainee in Infotainment/Audio at Jaguar Land Rover
EY is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Purchasing Assistant at EY
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Warner Bros is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Programme Management Analyst at Warner Bros
Warner Bros
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
National Grid is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Data Analyst Intern at National Grid
National Grid
Placement or Internship at BT Research Analyst at BT
BT
EY is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Pensions Advisory Intern at EY
Deloitte  is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Data Analyst Intern at Deloitte
EY is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Financial Assurance Intern at EY
  • Location: Yorkshire and Humberside
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Warner Bros is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Assistant Intern at Warner Bros
Warner Bros
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Morgan Stanley is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Data Analyst Intern at Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley
  • Location: Scotland
Deloitte  is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer IT Business Analyst at Deloitte
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Jaguar Land Rover is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Hybrid Calibration at Jaguar Land Rover

Placements & Internship Jobs Like This

New placements & internships by email each week!

These suggested internship and placement opportunities are for similar roles and organisations over a similar period of time.

Recent Jobs
Cancer Research UK is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Fundraising, Marketing, Campaigning and Communications Internships
Cancer Research UK
Application deadline: 25th Jul 2014
  • Salary: - Flexible hours - Travel expenses reimbursed (up to agreed amount) - Lunch reimbursed
RBS Group is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer International Banking Analyst
RBS Group
Application deadline: 31st Jul 2014
BDO is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Summer Internship Programme
BDO
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
BlackRock is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Analytics & Risk - Portfolio Analytics - London
BlackRock
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Deloitte  is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Deloitte Summer Vacation Scheme opportunities in consulting
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Enterprise Rent-A-Car Internship Programme
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
EY is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer EY Summer Internship
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. Business Development Internship In Shanghai, China
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. Finance Internship In Beijing, China
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. China Internship Program: Internships in Beijing and Shanghai
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. Marketing Internship In Shanghai, China
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. International Trade Internship In Shanghai, China
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Placement or Internship at Get in2 China Group Ltd. International Marketing Internship In Beijing, China
  • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
Grant Thornton is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Grant Thornton Summer Internship
Grant Thornton
KPMG is a RateMyPlacement Top 75 Employer Vacation Programme
KPMG

Towers Watson Company Profile

For more jobs, reviews and information about placement and internship schemes from Towers Watson, visit their full company profile.

Visit their Full Company Profile