Summer Intern

• Internship (1-4 Months)
Location

6.9
  • The Role Overall

• The Organisation Overall

• Social Overall

I worked in the UK retirement unit, where I was able to develop my numerical skills by calculating transfer values on a daily basis and monthly factors for some of the largest clients at Mercer. I was able to further my knowledge of the pensions industry by reading through benefit statements on a regular basis and by creating a presentation on Mercer and the pensions industry.

Enjoyed both the work and social aspects of working at Mercer.

Felt part of the team and valued by the team throughout my internship.

The employees were really approachable and helpful.

I had a good balance of work throughout the internship.

I was given more responsibility as the internship went on and as I became more confident with the work.

I have gained useful teamwork and numerical skills, which will benefit me with my degree and future career.

Lively atmosphere to work in and the people are very friendly.

The internship was well organised and I was able to get involved with work from the beginning.

I was given a lot of training throughout the internship, in particular during the first week, for example I received training on excel and numerical calculations.

• There were no perks with this Internship

We went out regularly to the bars and restaurants near the office.

I was able to play cricket matches against other firms and play rounders with my team.