Student Engineer

• Internship (1-4 Months)
Location

7.9
  • The Role Overall

• The Organisation Overall

• Social Overall

I spent the summer working on allocated projects from the department. A lot of it involved data retrival, collation and graphing. The placement also involved a trip offshore and some training courses. At the end of the internship I gave a presentation of what I had achievd during this time.

I found that this placement gave me scope to expand on what was required and contribute in very different ways.

The work that was assigned to myself did not need a great deal of involvement from other collegues. However everyone in the department made me feel part of the team.

After being assigned my projects I met up with my advisor a few times to discuss. It was up to me to seek advice if required. This enabled me to take initiative and liaise with different people from different departments.

The projects I was assigned where ones that could be continued even after I left so I was never short of anything to do.

My responsibility was toward my own projects.

The projects I undertook and the experience I gained was the determining factor in my choice for my future career.

Friendly people who knew when to have a laugh and when to get serious.

Very well indeed. From the very first day of arrival everything had been organised and was ready for me to proceed.

I was permitted to go on a number of training course and the time that my advisor spent with me was very valuable.

This is a very good company that values their employees and has great prospects. As a result it is highly competitive to secure a position within the comany.

Yes there was always something to do and everyone was always up for something different so never a dull moment.

As with every other place, the more fun something is the more expensive it is so it all depended on how much you were willing to pay.

Some places better than others like most cities.

There was plenty go get involved with for different tastes.