Analytical and Products Research Intern

7.7
  • The Role Overall

• The Organisation Overall

• Social Overall

Mostly database work using SQL and using Excel to produce graphs. Used Microsoft Visual Studios for the group project.

The people here are so friendly and the company is still quite small at the moment so you really can get to know everyone

I think the work load at the beginning was not as much as I would have liked to keep me occupied but it definitely picked up by the third week and I really enjoyed the projects.

I learnt alot of technical skills during this internship which will definitely be useful in my degree and later, though alot of it was self learning I am still grateful because I wouldn't have done it otherwise!

The atmosphere was what made it so nice, you can ask anyone for help and everyone is really friendly.

They have lots of seminars and talks scheduled during the first couple of weeks which really helps you to get to know more about the company and the other interns.

During the first week you'll be sent on a community project which was really fun and a great bonding exercise for the interns. They also gave us a training afternoon on giving presentations which was very helpful.

They didn't really mention any future employment prospects within my department but I think they have positions in most departments on their graduate programme.

There's normally people to go out for a drink with on thursday and friday nights :)

Obivously because it was London it will be a bit expensive but we found this great place just a few minutes away from the office which does half price drinks between 5pm and 8pm (The Gable) which made things alot cheaper!

There are a few things planned for the interns throughout the placement including the summer party!